Sunday, September 27, 2009

Her Room Is Ready


Well, I probably jumped the gun a little, but I have her room completely finished. It came together so beautifully, a room fit for our princess and that's exactly what she will be. The boys helped me add the stripes and had so much fun doing it. I ordered the bedding a little at a time over the past few months and the last bit got here just as I finished putting up the ribbon border, perfect timing. I have had so much fun finally decorating a room with pink!!! I pulled all my dolls out of the boxes I've been saving all these years, knowing one day I would have a little girl to share them with. The last thing I have to add are the letters spelling out her name to go over her bed, but we don't know what that is yet so that will have to wait, hopefully not too much longer.
As much as I loved putting the room together and buying all the pink, it also reinforced the real reason we are doing this. I have wanted a girl for so long and buying all the pink has been so much fun, but it's soooo much bigger than that. I'm so thankful God blessed me with boys. If He had given me a girl, we might not be taking this journey we're taking now. Giving a little girl a home that might not otherwise have one, giving her a mommy and daddy to love her everyday of her life, to laugh with her and cry with her and support her and lift her up. That is what it is all about, that's it. I knew all this before I had her room ready, but seeing it done, I thought to myself, "yeah, it's nice, it's pretty, but it means absolutely nothing until she's in it, filling it with love and laughter." I can't wait for the first night we get to tuck her in, in her own room and her own bed. A place she can feel safe and secure and know it means she's a part of a family, a family that loves her and will support her and will always be here for her.
( I know in the picture I have a bed set up, but we also have a crib in there as well, not sure what she will need, 15-36 months is such a wide range, but we'll have both and will be ready for whatever it may be)











6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful room! You did a great job. I love the toile headboard and duster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! You are a talented decorator!

    We had our nursery mostly finished over a year ago - I just couldn't wait - I know how you feel! It has comforted me to sit in her room and just soak it in, wondering what it will all be like when she is finally home :) It reinforces that it will really happen one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog! It's fun to find another family that have 2 boys like ourselves(5 and 7) and we're adopting a girl from Vladivostok who will be 18 months to 36 months. Our dossier has been in Vlad for almost 7 months and we're still waiting! Anyway, just wanted to say hi! I love that you have her room ready...ours isn't yet...but I need to find her beadspread yet before I can paint! :-) Good luck through the rest of the proccess...it will be fun to follow you to the end!

    Carala from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristyn,

    So exciting that you are so close!!! The 8th will be one year since we got the call...maybe that will be your lucky day also. Her room looks fabulous. Love it!
    Jill

    P.S. Grace's dress was from The Gap. I think from last winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The room is awesome! I hope your little princess is sleeping there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This room is GORGEOUS! I pray for a quick referral!

    ReplyDelete